Submitted by Teen Author on Tue, 05/11/2010 - 14:47
Lucy was adopted when she was a baby. Everyone just assumes that her parents are dead. They are not. Lucy has a secret - her mother is alive and crazy. She is the homeless woman in town and sometimes she comes to see Lucy. Everytime that she visits Lucy she sings the same song. Lucy is always very disturbed after these visits. Her mother had her at the age of 18 and went insane right after her birth.
Lucy knows that she is going to be different, until she is raped at a school dance and ends up pregnant. She doesn't want to be like her mother, but all signs seem to indicate that she is following her down the same path. There are more forces at work on Lucy and her family. Lucy discovers that every woman in her family has had a baby at the age of 18 and has went insane right after. Every one of them gave birth to a girl and every girl followed the same path as her mother. What is going on, is her family cursed and who did it?
This was a great suspense novel about family and tragedy. I really enjoyed this book.
Recent blog posts
- Book Spine Poetry Contest
- Teen Volunteers Needed!
- Get connected!
- PRACTICE SAT
- Hey Library Fans! We are back in action with some photos from recent programs - check them out!
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
- Programs coming up next week!
- May B. by Caroline Starr Rose
- Let’s Move with Play Hooray! Muevanse con Play Hooray!
- Splendors and Glooms by Laura Amy Schlitz