Our staff takes great pride in the quality of our Book, Movie & TV Series collections and the way that they are displayed. It’s easy to look for an item in person and just as easy to search for something in our library catalog. You can reserve or renew many items on-line from your own account. It’s easy to get what you are looking for with your Westbury Library card.
To search our catalog of books, movies, and TV series,
type in the Title or Author below and click 'Search'
Downloadable e-books and audiobooks
Free eBooks, and Audiobooks are a click away.
The Westbury Library is a member of Nassau Digital Doorway. All you need is a valid Westbury library card, Internet access, and a computer or device that meets the system requirements for the type of digital materials you wish to check out.
To search our collection of eBooks and Audiobooks visit nassau.lib.overdrive.com
For step-by-step instructional videos, PDFs, helpful hints, and other useful information for getting started with eBooks and Audiobooks click here
We want to hear from you!
Borrow a pre-loaded e-reader
We are now loaning out Nook e-Readers! They are pre-loaded with the hottest titles and can be kept for 14 days. Ask for details at the Circulation or Information desk. New titles are added weekly and are mostly from best sellers lists. Listed below are the newest titles currently pre-loaded:
- Shadow Spell, by Nora Roberts
- NYPD RED 2, by James Patterson
- 12 Years a Slave, by Solomon Northup
- The Invention of Wings, by Sue Monk Kidd (Oprah's Book club 2.0)
- Radiance of Tomorrow, by Ishmael Beah
- The Goldfinch, by Donna Tart
- The Luminaries, by Eleanor Catton (2013 Man Booker prize)
- White Fire, by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
- The Quest, by Nelson Demille
- Killing Jesus, by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
- The Longest Ride, by Nicholas Sparks
- Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth, by Reza Aslan
- The Husband's Secret, by Liane Moriarty
- Entwined by You (Crossfire, Book #3), by Sylvia Day
- The Cuckoo's Calling, by Robert Galbraith aka J.K. Rowling
- The English Girl, by Daniel Silva
- Silver Star, by Jeanette Walls
- Beautiful Day, Elin Hilderbrand
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane, Neil Gaiman
- Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns, by Lauren Weisberger
Free Sources of downloadable e-books
As the demand for e-Book lending increases, the Long Island Library Resource Council (LILRC) has announced a number of web-based resources which provide free access to downloadable books:
- Project Gutenberg
Download over 33,000 free E-books.
“The internet’s #1 online source for free ebook downloads.”
- Get Free Books.com
A site that brings both authors and readers into the world of free E-books.
- Many Books.net
More than 29,000 E-books available.
- University of Pennsylvania
Over 1,000,000 free books on the web.
E-books from independent authors and publishers.
- Kobo Books
More than 1,000,000 free E-books.
- Internet Archive Text Archive
Contains a wide range of fiction, popular books, children’s books, historical texts and academic books.
- Google Books
Nearly 3,000,000 free e-books and hundreds of thousands of titles for purchase.