Our staff takes great pride in the quality of our movie and book collections and the way that they are displayed. It’s easy to look for an item in person and just as easy to search for something in our library catalog. You can reserve or renew many items on-line from your own account. It’s easy to get what you are looking for with your Westbury Library card.
Downloadable e-books and audiobooks
Free e-Books, and Audiobooks are a click away.
The Westbury Library is a member of Nassau Digital Doorway. All you need is a valid Westbury library card, Internet access, and a computer or device that meets the system requirements for the type of digital materials you wish to check out.
Need help with the new layout of the Nassau Digital Doorway?
Need help getting started?
- Click here for a PDF Guide for most eReaders and Tablets
- Click here for a PDF Guide for Kindle devices
- Click here for a PDF Guide for Barnes & Noble NOOK Simple Touch devices
- Click here for a PDF with links to video instructions on installations for most devices
Borrow a pre-loaded e-reader
We are now loaning out Nook e-Readers! They are pre-loaded with the hottest titles and can be kept for 14 days. Ask for details at the Circulation or Information desk. Here is a listing of titles currently pre-loaded, with newest titles listed first:
- Inferno, by Dan Brown
- And the Mountains Echoed, by Khaled Hosseini
- The Dinner, by Herman Koch
- A Week in Winter, by Meave Binchy
- Killing Kennedy, by Bill O'Reilly
- Thomas Jefferson, by Jon Meacham
- Proof of Heaven, by Eben Alexander
- Notorious Ninteen, by Janet Evanovich
- The Forgotten, by David Baldacci
- Threat Vector, by Tom Clancy
- Shiver, by Karen Robards
- Dance with Dragons, by George R.R. Martin
- Twelve tribes of Hattie, by Ayana Mathis
- The Light Between Oceans, by M.L. Stedman
- Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn
- Bared to You, by Sylvia Day
- Reflected in You (Book #2), by Sylvia Day
- Where We Belong, by Emily Giffin
- Winter of the World, by Ken Follett
- No Easy Day, by Mark Owen
- The Island, by Elin Hilderbrand
- The Marriage Bargain, by Jennifer Probst
- Wild, by Cheryl Strayed
- Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, by Seth Grahame-Smith
- The Amateur, by Edward Klein
- Calico Joe, by John Grisham
- All Summer Long, by Susan Mallery
- I, Michael Bennett, by James Patterson
- The Storm, by Clive Cussler
- Bring Up the Bodies, by Hillary Mantel
- Fifty Shades of Grey, by E.L. James
- Fifty Shades Darker, by E.L. James
- Fifty Shades Freed, by E.L. James
- Defending Jacob, by William Landay
- The Hunger Games, by Susan Collins
- The Shoemaker's Wife, by Adriana Trigiani
- Killing Lincoln, by Bill O’Reilly
- Game of Thrones Series, by George R.R. Martin
- Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand
Free Sources of downloadable e-books
As the demand for e-Book lending increases, the Long Island Library Resource Council (LILRC) has announced a number of web-based resources which provide free access to downloadable books:
- Project Gutenberg
Download over 33,000 free E-books.
“The internet’s #1 online source for free ebook downloads.”
- Get Free Books.com
A site that brings both authors and readers into the world of free E-books.
- Many Books.net
More than 29,000 E-books available.
- University of Pennsylvania
Over 1,000,000 free books on the web.
E-books from independent authors and publishers.
- Kobo Books
More than 1,000,000 free E-books.
- Internet Archive Text Archive
Contains a wide range of fiction, popular books, children’s books, historical texts and academic books.
- Google Books
Nearly 3,000,000 free e-books and hundreds of thousands of titles for purchase.
Recent blog posts
- Book Spine Poetry Contest
- Teen Volunteers Needed!
- Get connected!
- PRACTICE SAT
- Hey Library Fans! We are back in action with some photos from recent programs - check them out!
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
- Programs coming up next week!
- May B. by Caroline Starr Rose
- Let’s Move with Play Hooray! Muevanse con Play Hooray!
- Splendors and Glooms by Laura Amy Schlitz