Computers and WiFi
Laptops are available for public use! Patrons with valid identification and matching library card will have access to loaner laptops for use within the library. These laptops are equipped with built-in wireless, and include software for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, databases and desktop publishing. For more information, see a staff member at the Technology Desk.
The Westbury Library has a high speed Wi-Fi Internet connection for all devices that support 802.11b/g/n. This includes most laptops, smartphones and portable gaming devices. Coverage area includes the Adult Library, Children's Library and Courtyard.
COMPUTER LAB PRINTING
Scan photos or documents to Image (JPG, TIFF) or Adobe PDF Format. Batch scanning and multiple page scanning possible. Source documents can be up to Ledger (11" x 17") size. $1.00 per page.
Send or receive faxes to 516-333-1752. The cost is $1 per page to send a fax. The cost of a fax received for you is $1 for the first page and 50¢ for each additional page.
- Users must comply with United States copyright and all other applicable law.
- User’s must comply with the Library’s applicable rules and procedures.
- User’s understand that while using the internet they have access to a wide variety of materials, some of which may be inaccurate or outdated and that I use it at my own risk.
- Users understand that the Library makes no warranties, expressed or implied, that the functions of or content accessed through the Westbury Library’s computers, Internet connections or computer resources will meet the user’s specific requirements, or that it will be error-free, trouble-free, current, or uninterrupted.
- The user further understands that the Library reserves the right to remove the privileges of anyone who tampers with or damages equipment or programs involved with computers or Internet access, and to charge for damages.
- For users under age 18, a parent or legal guardian must sign a computer use form at the Library acknowledging that they understand that their child will be using the library’s computers. That the Internet at the Adult Library is not filtered. That they are responsible for their child’s access to computers and the Internet.
Recent blog posts
- Book Spine Poetry Contest
- Teen Volunteers Needed!
- Get connected!
- PRACTICE SAT
- Hey Library Fans! We are back in action with some photos from recent programs - check them out!
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
- Programs coming up next week!
- May B. by Caroline Starr Rose
- Let’s Move with Play Hooray! Muevanse con Play Hooray!
- Splendors and Glooms by Laura Amy Schlitz