Summer is a great time for a 12-year-old to go out and play baseball with friends, go swimming, sleep late and explore the neighborhood; Jack doesn't get to do any of those things this summer. He has to help an old woman write obituaries about other old women who have just died in the neighborhood, run away from Hell's Angels that roll into town, and help his dad build a giant hole in his front yard that will eventually become a bomb shelter. Death, Girl Scout cookies and bloody noses make up Jacks summer of 1962. Grades 5 and up
Recent blog posts
- Book Spine Poetry Contest
- Teen Volunteers Needed!
- Get connected!
- PRACTICE SAT
- Hey Library Fans! We are back in action with some photos from recent programs - check them out!
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
- Programs coming up next week!
- May B. by Caroline Starr Rose
- Let’s Move with Play Hooray! Muevanse con Play Hooray!
- Splendors and Glooms by Laura Amy Schlitz